Saturday, February 11, 2012

4x4 Wood, Paint and Printed Photos


Knew ways to display your children's names!!
A couple of years ago I went around the neighborhood with my camera and took pictures of random objects that looked like letters.  I finally used them for my own children.
This says BRINLEE
B is a hose, R is an old fountain, I is a decorative yard piece, N is a letter on the sidewalk, L is a crack in the curb, E is a railing, E is a roof on a shed.

This says EVIE
E is a railing, I is a sidewalk, V is a tree and E is a fence

I had before and after pictures but lost them so let me recap.  First, I went to Home Depot and bought an 8ft 4x4 and had them cut 17 cubes, because that is how many I need for each letter of my children's names. 
I then lightly sanded, painted and sanded the edges once dried.  I waited 24 hours and stained the edges and wiped it with a rag.  After they dried I mod podge printed photos and scrapbook paper.  Let it dry and that is it!!

This says SKYLER
S is under a mailbox, K is legs of a horse statue, Y is a fence, L is a crack in the curb, E is a latter, R is an old fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment